This recipe combines all of the flavours of our favourite appetizer and is very easy to put together. And adding some jalapeno poppers as a garnish is the perfect touch!
Jalapeno Popper Chili
1 lb. hamburger
1/2 cup onion, small dice
1 cup of barbecue sauce
1/2 cup chili powder
1 teaspoon oregano
2 -798 ml cans of tomatoes
1-798 ml can of tomato sauce
1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 398 ml can of kidney beans
1 398 ml can of beans in tomato sauce
1 brick of cream cheese
1 small can of jalapeno peppers, added to taste
Garnish: Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, green onion, jalapeno poppers
1. Fry hamburger in the bottom of a large pot until no longer pink. Add onion, chili powder, oregano and barbecue sauce and cook until onion is just translucent.
2. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, and bacon. Stir until mixed and let simmer on medium low heat for 30-45 minutes.
3. Add brick of cream cheese and stir in until completely melted into tomato/hamburger mixture.
4. Add jalapeno peppers and more chili powder to taste so that it suits your family.
5. Serve in bowls and garnish with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions and a jalapeno popper.
Mmmm. It is so good!
Enjoy this chili with some crusty bread and butter and a crisp green salad!
Looking for more delicious chili recipes?
This post is linked to:
Tatertots and Jello, Link Party Palooza,Work It Wednesday, StoneGable, Tweak It Tuesday, Wow Us Wednesday, Wow Us Wednesday, The DIY Dreamer, Wildly Creative Party, Inspire Me Please, I'm Lovin' It, Friday Kitchen Fun & Crafty Linky Party, Inspiration Gallery, Party Bunch Linky Party, Super Saturday Link Party, Under The Table & Dreaming, It's Overflowing, Block Party, Monday Funday, Time To Sparkle,