You know that old children's song, "And the fork ran away with the spoon?" Well. I really think we have been lied to all these years. I am pretty sure that the fork ran away with the cheese. I mean, who would want to run away with a boring old spoon when you could have cheese? If there is one ingredient that I can count on that my whole family will love...it's cheese. I don't even have to think twice about sprinkling cheese into any dish because I know that it will be loved and swooned over. Sometimes, when I feel like I am making the same plain old tired meal yet again, I just have to add some cheese and presto...I feel like the dish is immediately more interesting and flavourful.
This recipe is delicious any night of the week and perfect for entertaining as well! Here is the recipe so you can create this delicious chicken and cheesy dish at home.
Veggie & Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
1 chicken breast per person, sliced through the middle to create a butterfly and pounded thin
3-4 asparagus spears for each breast
A handful of spinach per breast
Kraft Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese
Kraft Italian dressing, 1/2 cup
olive and salt & pepper
Cajun or chicken seasoning
Kraft 100% Shredded Parmesan Cheese
fresh lemon, if desired
1. In a shallow dish, add spinach and asparagus with 1/2 cup of Kraft Italian dressing and let marinate for a few minutes.
2. Lay chicken breasts out on cutting board. Add a few asparagus spears and spinach to each as shown. Top with a 1/2 inch thick slice of Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese.
3. Roll up chicken breasts and secure with toothpicks or kitchen twine. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper and Cajun or chicken spice, and squeeze with a bit of fresh lemon if desired.
4. Roast in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle breasts with Kraft 100% Shredded Parmesan Cheese. Place back in oven for 10-15 minutes.
With the Kraft 100% Parmesan Shredded Cheese sprinkled over the breasts for the last 15 minutes of baking, the chicken has tasty cheesy goodness on the outside.
This makes such a pretty plate when served with a big salad and slices of lemon.Kraft Cheesefest. During Kraft Cheesefest, you will find lots of recipe inspiration and savings on your favourite Kraft cheese products in store!
Here are the Kraft cheese products taking part in Cheesefest:
- Kraft Singles Process Cheese Product
- Kraft Cheeze Whiz Cheese Spread
- Philadelphia Dips
- Philadephia Brick Cream Cheese
- Philadelphia Cooking Crème Cream Cheese Product
- Kraft Dinner Macaroni and Cheese
- Cracker Barrel Block Cheese
- Kraft 100% Parmesan Shredded Cheese
- Velveeta Process Cheese Product
- MacLaren's Imperial Cold Pack Cheese Product
- Cracker Barrel Snacking Cheese
- Cracker Barrel Natural Cheese
To see more delicious recipes made with Kraft Cheese, follow #Cheesefest on Twitter & Facebook.
Disclosure: This post was generously sponsored by Kraft. However, as always, I only partner with brands that I love and use in my own home. Kraft is a staple in our house. All opinions are my own.