Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
Monday, December 07, 2009
December 2nd was spent with my friend Danine wrapping Christmas gifts. Although I forgot the camera that day..I still documented the day with this page. And I happened to have the perfect embellishment.....a little wrapped present.
I had Tyler write his Christmas 'wish list' to Santa on Day 3 and placed the list in this little pocket envelope for the entry for December 3rd.
On Day 4, Ron and I received a Christmas card in the mail from my parents and I used the actual card to become the page for December 4th. I cut the card to 6"x6" it fit into the album. leaving the most important parts of the card to become the background.
I have pictures to be printed for Day 5 and 6, so those pages are not completed yet. I will share when they are ready.
I love the idea of keeping a December Daily. My inspiration for this project comes from Ali Edwards...a well -known scrapbooker, scrapbook author and former editor at Creating Keepsakes Magazine.
Tuesday, December 01, 2009
6. Christmas Pet Peeve: Those who brag about how much they spend/buy for Christmas....as if that has anything to do with the Christmas spirit. We keep Christmas simple in this house: 1 gift from Santa and a stocking.
7. Our Church Service: Is usually the 4pm service. However, in the last few years we have not attended. I would love to attend Midnight Mass now that my family is a little older....if I could manage to stay up that late!
8. My Favorite Christmas CD: I enjoy the classics at Christmas...Bing Crosby is a must. The last few years I have been buying the Starbucks Christmas CD and we so LOVE the music on these cds. For instance, the first song on this year's CD is a duet with Willie Nelson and Norah Jones singing "Baby, it's Cold Outside". A fun combination, don't you think?
9. Real or Fake: Although we did REAL for many years, we have now switched to fake. I do like the fact that there are no sticky needles tracked all over the house with a fake tree. But I still LOVE a fresh tree.
10. I spend Christmas Eve: with my family. We enjoy staying home, having hors 'deuves for dinner, sipping eggnog and putting on our Christmas jammies early. I will usually read a Christmas story or two with the kids and then we leave out cookies and milk for Santa.After everyone has gone to bed....I turn out all the lights except for the Christmas tree lights and have a cup of hot tea and remember beloved family members that have passed on.....and then my thoughts turn to Baby Jesus.
This post was inspired by the lovely & talented Sarah over at Clover Lane.
Monday-Homemade chicken soup with fresh rolls
Tuesday-Homemade waffles and sausages
Wednesday-Meatloaf (from the freezer) mashed tators, corn and carrots.
Thursday-Pork chops, baked potato and sweet potato with green beans.
Friday-My vote is Panago Pizza.
Saturday-Dad cooks. Likely bbq steak, mushrooms and caesar salad.
Sunday-Our leftovers night. Hunter & I have a Christmas party and potluck to attend after skating and we are taking taco soup and homemade chocolate dream cookies.
Kelly at the Party Dress has done it again with this 'feast for your eyes' "Reindeer Game Night". I just love how this party idea looks and what fun!!!
I think I am going to have a girlfriends night soon, except I think I might ask my guests to come in their Christmas jammies.